Last Revised: April 27, 2012
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including postal and email addresses
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information
- if you create an account -- your username and password
- if you buy our products -- what you buy and how frequently you buy
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Sites.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Process and manage your purchase of Dentist Select products, including your accounts.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries.
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your accounts and your requests for information.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the Sites according to your interests.
Does Dentist Select Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Dentist Select shares your personal information in limited ways.
- We may share personal information about you with others with your consent.
- We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Dentist Select may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Dentist Select takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.